XIV Gaming

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M.A.G. (Whatcha think?)

chis
    chis
    Admin

M.A.G. (Whatcha think?) Empty M.A.G. (Whatcha think?)

Post  chis Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:57 am

I'm curious as to what people think about what we know about this game so far..

Does anyone plan to buy it?

What element of the gameplay appeals most to you?

Are there any SOCOM fans that were disappointed that Zipper announced they were working on this instead of a new SOCOM game?

Also, what are your thoughts on games being multiplayer only? (I haven't heard yet if MAG has single player or not, but I assume not.)

I intend very much to get this game.. I doubt it will be right away though, release is too close to MW2.

I really like the squad comand stuff I've seen. Being able to point a squad of your friends at a certain objective to take/destroy it tactically seems like it would be really neat, but being in a squad of random people seems like you would run into a lot of jerks who just ignored your order intentionally.. So whom you're playing along side of could make or kill your experience with the game. I think it could encourage people to try to make in-game acquaintances into "friendships" so as to heighten their experiences with the game by trying to have someone you'd consider a friend to play along side of more often than a random group.

I was pretty disappointed myself, being a long time SOCOM fan and being sort of let down by SOCOM: Confrontation.. I wanted a new SOCOM, but MAG looks really interesting to me. Very different from SOCOM, but not unlike most games I'd see myself playing. So disappointment was eased once I saw the game, but a new SOCOM (from Zipper) would still be awesome to me.

About multiplayer only games, I don't mind if the price tag is right.. I personally feel like I overpayed for SOCOM: Confrontation, ..but then again it could be that I was expecting more seeing as it belonged to one of my more favorite franchises. That being said, I love a good single player campaign, I love even more a good campaign that allowes for co-op play. More games should have co-op!

These are some of my thoughts on MAG(and some other things..). Anyone else care to add?

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 7:24 pm